Damages In Wrongful Death Claims
No one can experience your pain at losing someone you love. At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole, we hope that we can secure the compensation you need to avoid a financial struggle in a situation that is already incredibly difficult.
From our offices in Melbourne, we represent the families of wrongful death victims throughout the Space Coast region of central Florida. We can help you pursue the maximum possible recovery in a wrongful death case. If you have lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, you may recover damages for:
- Lost support and services — Lost support typically refers to financial support or property, such as lost wages. Services include things that the deceased used to do, such as mowing the lawn or maintaining the home that will now be an expense to survivors. The estate may also recover damages for lost earnings.
- Loss of decedent’s companionship and protection — The decedent’s spouse and children may be entitled to damages for lost companionship, guidance and protection.
- Mental pain and suffering — Damages may be available to compensate you for your emotional anguish caused by an avoidable death.
- Lost parental companionship, instruction and guidance — The loss of a parent may result in a child being denied the level of care, instruction and nurturing of his or her peers. In this case, it may be possible to pursue compensation.
- Medical and/or funeral expense — When a survivor has paid these costs up front, he or she may recover the expenses. Similarly, the estate of the deceased may pursue these damages when it has paid for medical or funeral expenses.
- Loss of net accumulations — The estate may be able to recover financial damages for lost accumulations due to death.
There Are Many Ways to Recover — We’ll Find Them All
Call For A Free Consultation
After a serious injury or loss of a loved one, the best way to protect your interests is to speak with a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer. At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole, we welcome the chance to answer your questions, ease your burden and begin pursuing compensation for your losses. Please contact us at 321-725-5638 or 800-479-3032 toll free to arrange a free initial consultation.