Melbourne FL Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Commercial vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, trains, buses and vans have the potential to cause severe injury in the event of an accident. Because these vehicles are often larger and heavier than the typical car, individual motorists often suffer the most — even when they did not cause the crash.
At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole, we represent people who have been seriously hurt or lost loved ones in collisions with commercial vehicles. Even if you think you were partially at fault, you have a right to pursue compensation for your injuries. At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole in Melbourne, we can help.
Who Is Responsible for Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Under Florida law, several parties may be found liable for damages in a trucking accident case:
- The driver — It makes sense that a negligent driver who causes an accident may be found legally responsible for any resulting harm. In most cases involving commercial vehicles, the driver found is at least partially liable.
- The employer — The company that employs the driver may also share liability, particularly if it failed to provide adequate training, safety gear or rest breaks. This liability may attach to individuals, such as a supervisor, or to the entire organization.
- Your insurance company — In Florida, your own PIP (personal injury protection) auto insurance may provide up to $10,000 for medical care.
- An equipment manufacturer — If the accident was caused in part by a defective vehicle or equipment malfunction, the party who manufactured or installed the equipment may share liability.
- A government agency or municipal body — Sometimes accidents are caused by dangerous road conditions, insufficient signage or malfunctioning traffic signals. The local government responsible for these conditions may be partially responsible.
There Are Many Ways to Recover — We’ll Find Them All
Our personal injury lawyers will consider every possible source of compensation when developing your truck accident claim. By identifying and investigating every responsible party, we maximize your potential recovery and increase your chances of securing the compensation you need.