Accidents On Dangerous Property
People who own property, including homes, stores and businesses, have a duty to keep lawful visitors safe on the premises. When they neglect that duty, the results can be extremely dangerous.
At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole in Melbourne, we have seen firsthand how serious accidents on dangerous property can be. We help injury victims all over Florida’s Space Coast region hold negligent landowners accountable and pursue financial compensation for injuries caused by negligence.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Claim?
There are several criteria that must be met for a valid premises liability claim. In most cases, you must show that you were injured because of dangerous property conditions, and that the landowner or property manager knew or should have known that there was a hazard.
You may be able to bring a claim for damages associated with:
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents caused by ice, slippery floors or poorly maintained property
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Falls from height or falling objects
- Assault or burglary on premises with inadequate security or insufficient lighting
- Other accidents caused by poor visibility
Get Answers and Protect Your Rights
The best way to determine whether you have a claim for damages is to discuss your accident with a personal injury attorney. The right lawyer can evaluate your case, advise you of your options and let you know what to expect should you decide to file suit.