A car crash can be a tremendous disruption to your life. You may have to juggle doctor appointments, car repairs, lost work and a variety of new expenses. The legal and financial implications of an accident can be serious, but you don’t have to face them alone.
At Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole in Melbourne, Florida, we help people who have been hurt. We serve individuals and their families who have been affected by all types of car accidents, including:
- Crashes caused by distracted or impaired drivers — Even the most careful drivers cannot control the behavior of other motorists. If you were hit by a drunk, drugged or distracted driver, it is critical that you exercise your rights and seek help from an attorney experienced in vehicle accident claims.
- Head-on collisions — Many head-on crashes involve a direct impact at a high speed. This can lead to devastating injuries and, in some cases, death. Our lawyers can help you pursue the compensation necessary to put your life back together.
- Sideswipe accidents — Side-impact crashes can come out of nowhere and change your life in the blink of an eye. These cases are often complex, involving substantial losses, so it is essential that your personal injury lawyer be prepared to advocate strongly on your behalf.
- Hit-and-run accidents — If you were hit by a car and the driver fled the scene, you still have options to cover your medical bills and other expenses. We will explore them all to ensure you make the fullest recovery possible.
- Rear-end crashes — There is a common misconception that rear-end crashes are minor and straightforward. Even if it seems obvious who was at fault, you may face a challenge when trying to get your expenses paid.
You CAN Afford a Lawyer. Can You Afford Not to Have One?
You may have already received a settlement proposal from the insurance company, and their offer may seem like a lot of money at first glance. However, your case may actually be worth several times more than that amount.
If you don’t have your own attorney, the insurer knows that you are more likely to take a low offer. The mere act of retaining a lawyer may significantly increase your settlement. Often, the difference can cover the costs of bringing your case AND put more money in your pocket.
It may be tempting to try to resolve your insurance claim on your own, but that can lead to critical mistakes that compromise your recovery. It is always wise to speak with a lawyer about your case and make sure you are protecting your rights.