Brevard County Prenuptial Agreements Lawyers
Family Law Representation in Central Florida
Prenuptial agreements are not a romantic idea, but they may save you considerable time and expense. They also spare stepchildren, children and spouses in blended families a lot of bitter disputes over property and other assets.
Platt Hopwood Russell & Cole provides comprehensive family law services, including drafting and reviewing prenuptial agreements. We help families find solutions to a broad span of issues. Few things are as emotional as family matters, and we understand the need for compassion as well as wise counsel. Please speak with one of our Brevard County prenuptial agreements attorneys to learn how we may help your family.
Discover the Benefits of Prenuptial Agreements With Our Melbourne Attorneys
Before drafting a prenuptial agreement, each party must make a full and fair disclosure of assets and debts. When one or both parties have a high income or net worth, we may search for hidden assets as well.
Prenuptial agreements can serve many purposes, including:
- Determining each party’s property division rights in the event of divorce
- Specifying what is marital property and what is separate property for tax planning purposes
- Preserving the assets each person brings to the marriage
- Protecting one party from the debts and obligations of the other
If you are entering a second marriage and/or creating a blended family, a prenuptial agreement is essential to protect assets for you and your children. It is also a good idea to make prenuptial agreements and estate planning documents consistent to prevent disputes and possible litigation in the future.
Additional Family Law Services
In addition to prenuptial agreements, the firm’s family law practice includes:
- High-asset divorce and complex property division
- Stepparent adoption
- Paternity and fathers’ rights
- Custodial parent move-away petitions, child relocation
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
We are happy to discuss these matters with you at your free initial consultation.